Our cancellation policy
No one books a holiday with the intention of cancelling it. Nevertheless, unforeseen circumstances can arise which prevent you from taking up your booking. A reservation constitutes a binding contract and if you fail to fulfil that contract you become liable for the full amount as though you had taken possession of the accommodation.
To relieve you of this risk, we have devised a cancellation scheme, which is mandatory if booking 6 weeks, or more, in advance. In the event you have to cancel for any of the following reasons, you will be free of obligation to Lochend Chalets and your rental deposit will be returned:
- Death of any member of the party.
- Disablement by accidental bodily injury or illness.
- Pregnancy or childbirth.
- Compulsory quarantine.
- Death of a close relative or close business associate.
- Disablement by accidental bodily injury or illness of any close relative or close business associate.
- Jury service or witness summons.
- Redundancy qualifying for statutory payment.
- Travel prevented by government restriction following an epidemic.
- Unforeseen occupational posting.
- Fire, storm, flood, subsidence, or malicious damage rendering the home of any named member of the party uninhabitable.
- Police requiring the presence of a named member of the party following a burglary at home or place of business.
It should be noted that a simple change of plan does not constitute a claim under the scheme.
- War or similar risks.
- Travelling against medical advice or for the purpose of medical treatment.
- Wilful self-injury.
- Accidents resulting from racing by horse, motor or motor competitions, pot-holing, skin diving, aviation (except when solely as a passenger) and winter sports.
- Intoxicating alcohol or drugs taken other than on the advice of a qualified medical practitioner.
All claims must be supported by written evidence. In all events the intention to cancel should be notified to Lochend Chalets Limited immediately by telephone (+44 (0)1877 385268).