TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
We know nobody’s keen on reading terms and conditions but, particularly now, they are there for an important reason which is to protect both you and us, so PLEASE make yourself a cuppa and take the time to read our small print.
We understand that some guests may find these T & C’s too much but we know for the majority of guests that accepting these responsibilities will make us all safer. If you have any further questions on our terms and conditions, please call us on + 44 1877385268.
Here is the link to the Government requirements in Scotland – https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
STAYING WITH US:
• Contract: When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary to the email address provided. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by email or letter and a deposit or full payment is taken.
• Holiday Deposit Payments: A Deposit of 20%, of the letting fee (minimum £100) per property is payable on booking. The balance is due 10 weeks before arrival. If you plan to take your holiday within the ten weeks of your booking date, payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
• Holiday Balance Payments: We accept all debit cards, credit cards (except American Express and Diners) and cheque with no fee. If transferring monies between banks incurs charges, you are responsible for all charges.
• Security Deposits: On group and non family bookings a damage deposit is required. Anything from £250 to £500 per property will be applied. This needs to be paid 24 hours before arrival and will be refunded 24 hours after departure, all being well. NB some banks may hang onto these funds for 3-4 days. Please check with your bank.
• Discounts: Are only available if you book direct through OUR own website, www.lochend-chalets.com
We offer a 2 person discount of 10% however will only make up beds accordingly. Simply book as normal but in the ‘VOUCHERCODE’ box put “twoorless” and a 10% discount will be deducted. The 2 person discount applies to bookings of one or two persons. A child under 2 not needing a bed will also be allowed.
• Number of Persons in Your property: is limited to the number of persons on your booking form. Casual overnight guests are not permitted unless agreed in advance with the management.
• Additional Visitors: No additional visitors until allowed by Scottish Government.
• Pets: We do not allow pets – sorry. We have lots of wildlife here.
• Smoking: All properties are non smoking and smokers should ensure all windows and doors are shut while smoking outside the property.
• Accessibility: If you have someone less able in your party, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
• Groups Group bookings are at our discretion but unlikely for Stag, Hen or Wedding guest parties, or large single sex groups or groups of under 25’s.
• Safety: Whilst we have attempted to make Lochend Chalets as safe as possible, there are natural hazards associated with a rugged rural location such as this. Responsibility for your well being (and that of any of your children) lies with you. Please maintain social distancing guidance, according to Scottish Government.
• Damage, Loss and Nuisance: We reserve the right to refuse admission to any or all guests for any just reason. Similarly, we reserve the right to evict offensive persons. No refunds will be made. The hirer agrees to pay for any damage or loss, excluding reasonable wear and tear, incurred during their occupation. We reserve the right to make charges against deposits or payment cards or to invoice for over occupancy, additional cleaning or damages.
• Vehicles: Cars, vans, bicycles, trailers and their accessories and contents are left entirely at their owners’ risk. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage thereof or thereto from any cause whatsoever. We do not permit large camper vehicles or caravan’s on site.
• Games room & DVD Library: This will not be open until further notice.
• Shared laundry facilities for Log Cabins:
This will be available on a timetable and a slot can be arranged by email or phone call. Please bring your own detergents. Laundry will be disinfected between each use.
• Rowing Boat: This will be available on a timetable and slot can be arranged by email or phone call. Boat will disinfected between each hire. Please bring your own lifejackets if possible.
• Tennis Court: Please bring your own rackets and balls. This will be open and we will run it as always…if somebody is on the court you wait until their not!
• Outdoor play: This equipment is open but parents need to in charge of social distancing.
• Nature Trail: Will work on a one way system to ensure social distancing can be maintained. We are relying on you to adhere to that.
• We will contact every guest before arrival and confirm check in procedures. You are required to answer a Covid-19 health questionnaire prior to your arrival, to help protect our staff and aid community harmony.
• We will also require all guests names and car registration numbers.
• We are taking every care that your property is ready for your arrival, and during this Covid 19 outbreak we will have additionally ‘deep
cleaned’ your property, then disinfected using ‘Envirosafe’ for both hard and soft surfaces (different products) both meeting the EN1276 & EN1650 & EN14476 Standards, killing 99.9999% of microbes. Linen, towels, tea towels and bath mats are washed at 60 ºc. Beds will all be made up for your arrival. Check in and check out procedures have changed. The deep cleaning & disinfecting between guests takes longer so,
even with employing more staff, more time will be required to turn houses around. We thank you for your patience.
• Arrival time is from 5.00-7.00pm. After 7pm contact us for remote key collection.
• A copy of the cleaners check lists will be left for you.
Departure: Which is at 9am. You are required to…
• Leave windows open to ‘air’ the house of any Covid aerosol before staff arrive.
• Strip beds of linen and pillow and mattress protectors and fold and place in bags provided in the house. These are then left by the door before you depart.
• All of your recycling and waste MUST have been taken to the designated waste & recycling areas before you leave. Glass bins next to black ‘General Waste Bins’, at the back of the house. ‘No Glass’ or ‘Other Recyclables’ placed in ‘General Waste Bins’ as Stirling Council will charge us for any Recyclables going to Landfill and this charge may be passed onto you.
• Smoking if occupants have been smoking inside the building, or smoking outside with windows open, we reserve the right to make an additional charge of £100.
• Leave the house in clean and tidy condition. Please vacuum and leave the bathroom, kitchen and appliances clean. Extra cleaning fluids and disposable cloths, we suggest using 1 in each area, will be left in your house. These disposable cloths will need to go to the black bin at the back of your house. Extra food waste bags and bin bags will be left in the house. Guests will be liable for any cleaning charges incurred in the event that any property is left in a dirty condition. We are sorry at this time we cannot offer our ‘End of Stay Clean’ service.
• In the unlikely event that the property, or its facilities, is damaged by circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to relocate you to another property of similar grading and size. In the event of there being no alternative accommodation, a full refund on your property rental will be given.
• If you book and there is another outbreak of Covid-19, countrywide or in your area and you are unable to travel, we will re schedule or refund all your money on your departure date. If you are unable to travel because you have Covid-like symptoms, the above will apply. We will require written evidence.
• If a guest develops Covid-like symptoms during their stay, they and the whole family/party, would be required to go home and self isolate immediately. We will give you a pro rata refund for the days left of your holiday. However in the unlikely event of being unable to travel, you will be allowed to stay in the property for the full 14 days quarantine but will be liable for all costs of cancelled bookings.
• If the property you have booked is occupied by a party who have to quarantine, we will have to cancel your booking. We will try to re-accommodate you locally but if this is not possible we will issue a full refund. We strongly advise that you take out insurance protection. Cancellation for non-Covid-19 related reasons remain the same.
• If you have booked and paid a deposit: We will attempt to relet the property. If we successfully re-let the property we will refund 50% of the deposit paid. This would be refunded on your departure date. If we do not re-let the property the full amount of the deposit paid is forfeited.
• If you have booked and paid in full: We will attempt to re-let the property. If we successfully re-let the property, we will refund the full amount, less a £50 admin fee, on your departure date. If we do not re-let the property the full amount paid is forfeited.
The decision of Lochend Chalets on all claims will be final.
If we are able to relax any of the stringent T & C’s then of course we will!