Terms & Conditions
We know nobody’s keen on reading terms and conditions, however they are there for an important reason, which is to protect both you and us, so PLEASE make yourself a cuppa and take the time to read our small print.
We understand that some guests may find these T & C’s too detailed but we know for the majority of guests accepting these responsibilities will make us all safer. If you have any further questions on our terms and conditions, please call us on + 44 1877385268.
STAYING WITH US:
- Pets: We do not allow pets – sorry.
- Contract: When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by email or letter and a deposit or full payment is taken.
- Holiday Deposit Payments: A Deposit of 20%, of the letting fee (minimum £100) per property is payable on booking. The balance is due 10 weeks before arrival. If you plan to take your holiday within the ten weeks of your booking date, payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- Holiday Balance Payments: We accept all debit cards, credit cards (except American Express and Diners) and cheques with no fee. If transferring monies between banks incurs charges, you are responsible for all charges.
Our bank details are:
Royal Bank of Scotland, Stirling branch, Lochend Chalets business account, account no. 00128569, Sort Code: 83-16-41.
- Security Deposits: On large group bookings a damage deposit may be required. Anything from £250 to £500 per property will be applied. This needs to be paid 24 hours before arrival and will be refunded 24 hours after departure, all being well. NB some banks may hang onto these funds for 3-4 days. Please check with your bank.
- Discounts: Are only available if you book direct through www.lochend-chalets.com.
Only one discount/voucher code can be applied per booking.
- We offer a 2 person discount of 10% however will only make up beds accordingly. Simply book as normal but in the ‘VOUCHER CODE’ box put “twoorless” and a 10% discount will be deducted. The 2 person discount applies to bookings of one or two persons. A child under 2 not needing a bed will also be allowed.
- Number of Persons in Your property: is limited to the number of persons on your booking form. Casual overnight guests are not permitted unless agreed in advance with the management.
- Additional Visitors: Please call or email to arrange.
- Smoking: All properties are non smoking and smokers should ensure all windows and doors are shut while smoking outside the property.
- Accessibility: If you have someone less able in your party, please contact us to discuss your requirements, including assistance dogs which are, of course, welcome but must wear their coats when out and about at Lochend.
- Groups Group bookings are at our discretion but unlikely for Stag or Hen parties, or large single sex groups or groups of under 25’s.
- Safety: Whilst we have attempted to make Lochend Chalets as safe as possible, there are natural hazards associated with a rugged rural location such as this. Responsibility for your well being (and that of any of your children) lies with you. Please maintain social distancing guidance, according to Scottish Government.
- Damage, Loss and Nuisance: We reserve the right to refuse admission to any or all guests for any just reason. Similarly, we reserve the right to evict offensive persons. No refunds will be made. The hirer agrees to pay for any damage or loss, excluding reasonable wear and tear, incurred during their occupation. We reserve the right to make charges against deposits or payment cards or to invoice for over occupancy, additional cleaning or damages.
- Vehicles: Cars, vans, bicycles, trailers and their accessories and contents are left entirely at their owners’ risk. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage thereof or thereto from any cause whatsoever. We do not permit large camper vehicles or caravan’s on site.
- Games room & DVD Library: Open but unsupervised. Please use responsibly.
- Shared laundry facilities for Log Cabins: We will provide Eco Laundry Liquid and ask that you make a donation to the 'Friends of Our Park' charity for a wash and dry.
- Rowing Boat: This will be available on a first come first serve basis at £10 per hour just pop into the office to organise.
- Tennis Court: Please bring your own balls, we have rackets you can borrow. This will be open and we will run it as always…if somebody is on the court you wait until their not!
- Outdoor play: Open and free!
- Nature Trail: Open and free!
- We will contact guests before arrival and confirm check in procedures.
- Arrival time is now from 4pm - 7.00pm. After 7pm contact us for key collection.
- Departure 10am.
- Strip beds of linen and fold into bags provided the day before departure.
- All of your recycling and waste MUST have been taken to the designated waste & recycling areas before you leave. ‘No Glass’ or ‘Other Recyclables’ placed in general waste bins as Stirling Council will charge us for any Recyclables going to Landfill and this charge will be passed onto you.
- Smoking: if occupants have been smoking inside the building, or smoking outside with windows open, we reserve the right to make an additional charge of £100.
- Leave the house in clean and tidy condition. Extra food waste bags and bin bags will be left in the house. Guests will be liable for any cleaning charges incurred in the event that any property is left in a dirty condition. We will supply photographic evidence to support our claim.
- In the unlikely event that the property, or its facilities, is damaged by circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to relocate you to another property of similar grading and size. In the event of there being no alternative accommodation, a full refund on your property rental will be given.
- ‘End of Stay Cleaning Service’ has resumed. Check your property page for the cost.
- 'Late Departure at 12 noon', can sometimes be arranged. There would be a fee of £25 for that.
- If a guest develops Covid-like symptoms during their stay, they and the whole family/party, would be required to go home and self isolate immediately. We will give you a pro rata refund for the days left of your holiday. However in the unlikely event of being unable to travel, you will be allowed to stay in the property for the full 10 days quarantine but will be liable for all costs of cancelled bookings.
- If the property you have booked is occupied by a party who have to quarantine, we will have to cancel your booking. We will try to re accommodate you locally but if this is not possible we will issue a full refund. We strongly advise that you take out insurance protection. Cancellation for non-Covid-19 related reasons remains the same.
- If you have booked and paid a deposit: We will attempt to re let the property. If we successfully re-let the property we will refund the full amount of the deposit, less a £50 fee. This would be refunded on your departure date. If we do not re-let the property the full amount of the deposit paid is forfeited.
- If you have booked and paid in full: We will attempt to re-let the property. If we successfully re-let the property, we will refund the full amount, less a £50 fee, on your departure date. If we do not re-let the property the full amount paid is forfeited.
The decision of Lochend Chalets on all claims will be final.
Thank you for your patience and help through the pandemic.